Work at IIB
The Institute of Integrative Biosciences (IIB) is a fast-growing cross-disciplinary institute that offers world-class degree program in Biotechnology and pursues impactful research in various areas of life sciences that lie at the juncture of biology, and other natural sciences and engineering disciplines. IIB was established in 2014 as a constituent institute of CECOS University of IT and Emerging Sciences, a leading player in engineering and computer science education in Peshawar for over 30 years. At this juncture, IIB is looking to recruit outstanding faculty members to its team of professionals and invites applications for the following positions.
- Teach a combination of undergraduate-level courses in Computer Sciences, (particularly programming with Python), Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Genomics
- Establish an independent and extramurally funded research group in computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, or any related area.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate research projects
All candidates must have a PhD from a top-tier institution in the relevant area; for senior appointment, at least 4 years of post-PhD teaching experience is required. Candidates from a Computer Science background who are keen to learn and apply their knowledge to solving biological problems are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and deliver the following undergraduate-level courses in Mathematics: 1. Pre-calculus; 2. Calculus; 3. Linear Algebra with Differential Equations; and 4. Probability and/or Statistics.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters or 4-year Bachelors degree from a top-tier institution with 3+ years of teaching experience; candidates applying for Assistant Professorship must have completed a PhD. Experience in teaching mathematics within the context of life sciences will be a plus.
- Develop and deliver the following undergraduate-level courses: 1. Organic chemistry; 2. Inorganic & Analytical Chemistry, and 3. Physical Chemistry
The ideal candidate will have a Masters or 4-year Bachelors degree from a top-tier institution with 3+ years of teaching experience; candidates applying for Visiting Professorship must have completed a PhD. Experience in teaching chemistry within the context of life sciences will be a plus.
- Develop and deliver a series of four English courses for students in the BS Biotechnology program
- Design workshops and other co-curricular activities as needed, to enhance English language and general communication skills of students.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters or 4-year Bachelors degree from a top-tier institution with 3+ years of teaching experience.
- Assist faculty members during lab exercises and able to demonstrate to students
- Evaluate quizzes, assignments and papers
- Assist in the procurement process with good record keeping practice
- Able to revise manuals and SOPs
BS/MS in Biotechnology from a reputable university