Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Doctor of Physical Therapy is a five (5) year degree program that aims to produce qualified, professionally sound physiotherapists who are trained in methods based on movement, use of physical agents and manual therapy for relief of pain and other complications. A competent physiotherapist is one who can diagnose physical abnormalities and help in restoration and maintenance of physical function and mobility. Twenty-first century physiotherapists continue to play an indispensable role in managing different types of pain and disabilities arising from neurological, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and developmental problems; they also treat injuries stemming from sports as well as workplace activities.
For clinical attachment DAHS has Rafsan Neurological Rehabilitation Center, which is well equipped with all the amenities required for rehabilitation of both neurological and musculoskeletal disabilities.
DPT is a rigorous degree program designed to prepare top-tier physiotherapy professionals. We expect our graduates to not only meet the multifaceted demands of patients seeking physical therapy, but also generate and disseminate new knowledge in the area of rehabilitation sciences through research.
Specifically, the program sets out to achieve the following goals:
- To inculcate knowledge related to the basic and applied concepts of physiotherapy through state-of-the- art infrastructure and clinical practice.
- To enable our graduates to comprehend, associate and apply theoretical knowledge to the practice of physiotherapy in an ethical way.
- To develop the most desirable qualities in a clinician like critical thinking, inquiry, sound clinical decision making as well as empathy in physiotherapy graduates.
- To motivate our students to continuous improvement in personal and professional capacities through critical self-assessment and lifelong learning.
- To improve the ability of graduates to work in teams by nurturing their communication, leadership and management skills.
At least 60% marks in F.Sc. Pre-medical or equivalent qualification.